









OK....I just want to know what on earth kid is so lucky to go to 6th grade camp in the San Juan islands???? Good Grief! This was like the Nirvana of all 6th grade camp experiences! The only things that could have been better were all food related...don't laugh! The classes and counselors were phenomenal! The nature was exquisite! The kids as a whole were a blast and delightful! Jonah, by all accounts, had a great time and was highly appreciated by his peers and chaperones. It was very fun to see him in action among his class and I really respect his 6th grade teachers.
Here are pictures of the Medrona trees that are prevalent on these islands. From our beach we had Canadian islands a stones throw away. The beach life was very diverse and I've posted a Chiton and Christmas anemone. I also posted my cabin group and our "princess door". I had some fun decorating the cabin with paper lanterns, photos of my family above my bunk, each girls name posted fancy on her bunk and artificial flowers at every bed. The girls ate it up and it was well discussed among the other estrogeny cabins. Jonah's teacher even paid us a visit just to see it at the request of my gals. Too fun! (I don't have pics of Jonah's group as he took those with his camera which has yet to be developed.)
When we got home, Collins had the house clean (extensively commented on by Dr. Terry and Tracy) and was more happy/relaxed than I've seen him in a long while. The kids kept talking about what a blast they had and had watched virtually no TV the entire time. Felicity's skin looked great and she had obviously benefited from my absence and was just all into daddy. They had all slept all night every night and gone to bed easily around 8p. My question is..."What the hey?" I wonder what it is about me that creates more difficulties. Collins commented last night during bedtime how amazingly different bedtime was with me here. So, the message to me is to take a trip more often...right? It was just a great experience all around!
1 comment:
Cam you are so awesome! I love ya!
Post a Comment