Monday, August 4, 2008

Enjoying the Lazy River





Saturday, Grandpa took us all to Ross Aquatic Park for the day. It was 5 hours of absolute delight! The Lazy River and zero-depth pool were big hits. Jonah loved the big water slide. Isaac insisted for a couple of hours that he wanted to go on the big slide, but I was sure he'd be terrified...he absolutely refused to go even on the little slide in the zero-depth pool! However, since he kept asking, Grandpa took him up to the top and I waited down at the bottom. The kids have to be by themselves and the slide takes about 30 seconds top to bottom, but Isaac's slide felt like an eternity to me! Grandpa says he got on without any fear or hesitation. I could see his little silhouette all the way from the top, arms and legs flung out in terror as his body was tossed all around the tunnel! He clung to the lifeguard who caught him, shaking and whimpering, at the bottom, while I tried to explain to all the other mothers at the bottom why on earth I had let him go on this ride! Amazingly, after I held him and talked to him calmly for about a minute, he was watching the other sliders come out with a big smile on his face. He was so proud of himself and called it, "scary-fun"! Grandpa thinks Isaac's sense of adventure is amazing! What word comes to my mind? Heart-wrenching!

No comments: